Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Benefit For My Benefit


So for whatever reason, I have had a lot of luck in obtaining Benefit Cosmetics. I had seen the company around and always enjoys their branding but since I am a drugstore cosmetics kind of girl, I have never really invested much interest in them. Well, a year ago I was working for a cupcakery and ended up serving for a special event hosted by Benefit Cosmetics. As a thank you for our great customer service, we were given a goodie bag with a variety of products- Porefessional Pro Balm, Benetint, Coralista, and High Beam. A friend of mine had the Benetint and I had debated buying it a few times. I use the Coralista and Porefessional Pro Balm every day and the High Beam for special occasions. That was my first introduction to Benefit.

My second introduction was recently when I had my eyebrows waxed and I pre-purchased Big Easy Complexion Cream. Since I did not work today, I will be picking this up tomorrow from the Sutter St. Benefit Team. I'm super excited to receive this and all of the goodies that will be coming my way. 

Well, last Sunday Sephora in Union Square was hosting an event. I have no idea what it was. I just happened to stop by on my way home from work and was entered into a raffle and I won the raffle!!!! Yea!!!!! The raffle prize was a goodie bag full of Primers that Benefit offers along with other delectables. Yea!!!!


So my prize included Stay Flawless 15 hour Primer, Porefessional Pro Balm, That Gal Brightening Cream, Porefessional Agent Zero Shine and Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss. I was actually looking at the Stay Flawless Primer and Agent Zero shine and almost bought them but decided to hold off to see if a sample was included in my gift bag with my Big Easy purchase. Guess what! Instead I won a full size one in my raffle.

I used the Stay Flawless today with my makeup. What you do is apply the Stay Flawless Primer to your already moisturized face then add your foundation and blend it. I use a powder foundation but once I get my new Big Easy Complexion Cream, I'm going to try it with that. This primer is going to be the heaviest out of the three because it is a tackier primer that holds your makeup onto your face. My makeup did feel a little heavy when I used Stay Flawless but them I didn't notice it at all. I do think my makeup lasted better. Usually around the middle of the day when I've been working for 6 hours running around serving coffee I feel like I start to look a little drab. Today I was fresh faced all day. 

The Porefessional Pro Balm is a primer I was already familiar with. The Porefessional Pro Balm is a cream you can apply to your T-Zone, cheeks and under your eyes to diminish the appearance of your pores and fine wrinkles. My pores are actually pretty small and the wrinkles haven't started yet so I can't really tell your how it would work on really troublesome pores but I can tell you that it feels very soft and silky when you put it on and has a wonderful scent. It is an oil free product and I think it helps to control the oil that may appear in my T-Zone. Plus it makes my skin feel so soft and delicate.

"That Gal" Brightening Face Primer is a primer that helps to boost dull, dry skin. It is another lightweight cream primer that does add some life to your skin without being a shimmer. I like it because it also has a nice fruity scent. I plan on wearing this tomorrow with my makeup.

I haven't quite concluded which is my favorite of the three primers. I really love how the Porefessional feels but I love how That Gal makes my skin look. The Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer seems like the most heavy duty of the three and would probably be great for when I work since I don't have time to touch up my makeup. They are all really awesome and I don't dislike any of them.

The Porefession Agent Zero Shine is a really great powder to help set your makeup while controlling oil all day. This is going to give your face a matte look and I'm guessing works really well with the Porefessional Pro Balm. I am also looking forward to using this product tomorrow when I put on my makeup.

Last is the Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss. This is another product I already had because I received a small tube in one of my monthly beauty boxes. This gloss is super shiny and soft but unlike other high shine lip glosses it is not very heavy and sticky. I personally like that because it feels like fancy lip balm and not some glue on my lips that my hair will stick too.

Well, there you have it. I'm starting to think Benefit and I were fated to be together and I am enjoying every second of it. Can't wait to see what comes with my Big Easy Gift tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment