Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Benefit's New Big Easy Multi-Balencing Complexion Perfector

 
http://axenresearch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/benefit-cosmetics.jpg

 
Hey there everyone!!! Hope you have are having a good evening. I'm having a great evening. After work today I decided to be a little self indulgent and stop by the Benefit store next to my work. For anyone that is not familiar, Benefit is a San Francisco based cosmetic company that wants make-up to be fun and accessible to everyone.


Now I'm not a make-up expert in any way, shape or form. Everything I wear on my face is simple and can be applied in under 10 minutes. I honestly think I spend more time making coffee in the morning than I do on make-up. But, back to my story, I was passing by the Benefit shop today and the sign out front caught my eye. It was advertising their response to a BB cream with something they claim is better than a BB cream called the Big Easy. I've heard about BB creams before and I heard they are really great for your skin but the few I have tried have felt very heavy to me on my face. Well, on the sign it said:

Beauty balancing act! 
  • Balances moisture & controls oil
  • Self adjusts on skin to your exact shade
  • Perfects & evens with liquid-to-powder finish
  • Protects with broad spectrum SPF 35 to help prevent aging  
The thing that really brought me in was the liquid to powder finish. I've tried L'Oreal's Magic Nude before and really like it so I was curious how this new product compared and if it could deliver.

The girls in the store (262 Sutter St, SF go visit them!!!!) are all super nice. I walked in and was instantly greeted. Now I went in with a purpose so I got straight down to business and asked about the Big Easy. First they told me about the four benefits listed above and how excited they are to be releasing it. They applied some to my hand and then we sat down and they applied some to my face.


First they put some Moisture Prep Toning Lotion on my face and the It's Potent! Eye Cream . They did say that moisturizing is an important step before applying Big Easy. I actually really liked how the Moisture Prep felt. It was light, absorbed easily like a gel, and felt cool on my face. Then they applied the Big Easy. At first it did feel a bit heavy so I was a bit skeptical but then after a minute or so it did feel like powder and I couldn't tell I was wearing foundation. It definitely evened out and brightened up my complexion. The shade was also gorgeous. They used a #2 on my face and it blended beautifully on my skin. I'm actually really impressed by this product and so I made one of my vary rare specialty make-up purchases. Most of my make-up is drug store but when I find something that does a phenomenal job I will spend a little extra money.

Now the Big Easy is not released until February 18th, but if you preorder it for $38.00 you also get a gift bag with tons of goodies.  I'm definitely looking forward to the added bonus when I pick up my purchase. Thanks a bunch. Hope you enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment