Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Big Easy Day

I recently had the pleasure of picking up my Big Easy Complexion Cream as well as my gift with purchase. The ladies on Sutter Street were so great and I'm am so happy with my new present. So much awesome is happening in this bag.


So along with my new Big Easy Complexion Cream, I also got Bad Girl Lash, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow, Fake Up Concealer, Laugh with Me Lee Lee Frangrance, Porefessional Pro Balm, It's Potent! Eye Cream, a few hair ties, a headband, a make up bag and candy. Like the last bag of goodies I got, this bag does have a connected theme which is my face. I am super excited about the mascara because I am on the hunt for mascara. I am also really excited about the concealer. I currently use concealer by Mac and I'm extremely happy about it but I still like to try new products.

I already gave a review for Big Easy which can be found here. I have also talked about the Porefessional Pro Balm here.

So here is a picture of me after using all of the new Benefit products I have received. The only thing that was not Benefit is my eyeshadow which is by POP.

This is not a super glam look and I'm a little washed out in the sun. I'm actually on my way to work.

 The Bad Girl Mascara is super easy to use, has a sturdy brush and doesn't clump a lot. I also thought it wore well throughout the day. The color I got is black and it really made my eyes pop. Mascara is an essential for me and it added a lot of strength to my look. Plus by 5 pm it was still in place and had not bled all of my face.

The Hello Flawless Foundation is super easy to apply and super light. I thought the color matched my skin really well. It does have SPF 25 and I still used a powder on top to set it. This is also a product that will brighten your skin, not mattify it. If it wasn't for the Big Easy, I would probably use this but Big Easy is definitely the superior in my opinion.

The Fake Up Concealer is great too. I do have some acne on my face and I was able to cover it up without it becoming cakey. The concealer also hydrates your skin as well. The hardest thing about concealer for me is that it doesn't always cover. I did have to reapply mid day but I also work in a very active environment for a restaurant. I move and sweat a lot. I used the lighter of the two concealers for my face and I applied it with a concealer brush partly because the sample was hard to get out of the tube and partly it helped the coverage. Usually the sample rolls up like a lipstick but mine was broken. I still prefer my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. That is one serious concealer but for someone with less serious problems the Fake Up is awesome.

The Laugh with Me Lee Lee is a super floral scent and smells like roses to me. I think its a great scent for the springtime, like going to a picnic or something. It definitely made me feel super girly.

The It's Potent! Eye Cream is a super moisturizing and lightweight eye cream that specializes in reducing dark circles under your eyes. It feels really nice to apply but I think to see the true effects is going to take some time. I have seen some really great reviews online.

I really like the new hair bands that have been out but unfortunately I have extremely thick hair and they just aren't strong enough to handle my mane. I save all of them anyways so they can be colorful additions wherever I put them.

The headband is a fantastic addition. I've been using face masks more and just pulling my hair back doesn't always seem to work. It is a lot more sturdy and it helps me get into the mood of putting on my make up. 

The makeup bag is awesome. Seriously, super excited about the makeup bag. I have alot of makeup bags that zip across so you end up digging around. This one is shaped like a bucket and so everything can lay pretty flat and be accessible.

So I think with the exception of facial moisturizer, brow gel and eye shadow I have gotten a new face this week from Benefit. This week has been a very self indulgent week for me. They have definitely won me over. I feel like when they are designing make up they do consider girls like me who want to look nice but don't care about being super glam. Everything has been super easy to apply and I don't feel like I'm wearing a lot of make up. I definitely plan on using them more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment